Law Office of Lenore Tsakanikas, PLLC is open on a modified schedule to serve you during this Covid-19 Pandemic. For your safety, masks and hand sanitation is required for any in person or staff interacting within the office. Click here to review our Covid-19 Office Protocols.
COVID-19 OFFICE PROTOCOLS
Law Office of Lenore Tsakanikas, PLLC has established the following protocols and procedures
for the safety and comfort of our staff and visitors:
- Common areas are sanitized prior to and after visitors enter and leave the office space.
- Visitors and Staff must wear a face mask and sanitize hands prior to interacting within
the office space.
- Everyone in the office will wear a face mask at all times when meeting with anyone.
Law Office of Lenore Tsakanikas, PLLC has masks on hand, but recommend that you
wear your own.
- Social distancing is practiced.
- The office policy is to conduct appointments telephonically or via Zoom. We avoid
having more than one visitor in the office at a time.
- Where possible, documents will be processed electronically.
- We request notification of any suspected COVID-19 exposure or symptoms (fever,
tiredness, dry cough) prior to any in-person appointment.
We thank you for your anticipated understanding and cooperation!
COVID-19 COURT UPDATES
PARENTING TIME ISSUES DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
DO NOT REQUIRE MODIFICATION OF YOUR PARENTING PLAN TO REQUEST A TEMPORARY ORDER
WHERE POSSIBLE, THE COURT ENCOURAGES PARENTS TO RELY ON THEIR PARENTING PLAN AND ADVISES:
- AVOID SELF-HELP
- THE PANDEMIC IS NOT A REASON TO DENY PARENTING TIME
- THE CLOSURE OF SCHOOL DUE TO COVID-19 IS NOT AN EXTENSION OF ANY BREAK/HOLIDAY/VACATION PERIOD/WEEKEND
- PARENTING TIME SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 WARRANTS MAKE-UP TIME
IF YOU CAN’T REACH AN AGREEMENT, REQUEST A HEARING
DON’T FIND YOURSELF IN CONTEMPT OF COURT FOR VIOLATING YOUR PARENTING PLAN – SANCTIONS MAY BE IMPOSED!
PRESUMPTIVE LENGTH OF HEARINGS DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
30 MINUTES: MOTIONS TO ENFORCE PARENTING TIME OR LEGAL
DECISION-MAKING; CHILD SUPPORT; RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT
60 MINUTES: INITIAL HEARINGS FOR PARENTING TIME AND LEGAL
DECISION-MAKING WHEN NO ORDER IS IN PLACE; MOTIONS FOR
EXCLUSIVE USE OF MARITAL HOME; CHILD SUPPORT ESTABLISHMENT
90 MINUTES: MULTIPLE ISSUES WHICH ALSO INCLUDE LEGAL DECISION-
MAKING AND PARENTING TIME WHEN NO ORDER IS IN PLACE; ISSUES
REQUIRING AN INTERPRETER
120 MINUTES: PETITIONS AND MOTIONS RELATED TO SCHOOL CHOICE FOR A MINOR CHILD
SCHOOL CHOICE FOR MINOR CHILD DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
PIMA COUNTY HAS EXPANDED TELEPHONIC, EVIDENTIARY HEARINGS TO INCLUDE PETITIONS/MOTIONS RELATING TO SCHOOL CHOICE
SO, IF MOM THINKS THE CLASS ROOM IS NOT SAFE, AND DAD THINKS THAT HOME SCHOOLING DOESN’T WORK, THE COURT WILL SCHEDULE A HEARING AND WEIGH IN
WITH SCHOOL SCHEDULED TO START SHORTLY, ANY PETITION OR MOTION SHOULD BE FILED IMMEDIATELY!